Thank you for your interest in the Triangle Transit Ambassador Program!
The objective of the program is to encourage residents and commuters to make more trips by transit and less by personal vehicle. Ambassadors work with Triangle Transits’ Community Outreach Coordinator to complete various community outreach tasks to help people get comfortable using transit; as well as providing support and guidance to commuters new to riding transit.
Here’s how it works:
• Submit completed applications for review by Triangle Transit – Ambassador Board.
• Transit Ambassador Program for 6 months. A participant may serve for more than one 6 month term. An updated participation form must be submitted at the beginning of each 6 month term for consideration of a second term.
• Ambassadors are required to attend a 90 minute orientation and training session.
• Ambassadors must participate in at least (1) community outreach and/or marketing task during each 6-month service term.
• Ambassadors must submit on-line forms regularly to the Community Outreach Coordinator to be considered an *active participant, and receive monthly bus pass incentive.
• Ambassadors will receive: FREE 30-day regional passes, photo ID, journal, and polo shirt for marketing events.
• Ambassadors attend bi-monthly meetings to discuss program information, transit service updates, and for training opportunities. There are six meetings scheduled for Thursdays on Feb. 3, April 2, June 2, Aug. 4, Oct. 6, and Dec. 8.
• At the close of each 6-month term, a celebratory recognition meeting and program recap will take place to discuss Ambassador experiences; new Ambassadors will have the opportunity to discuss experiences with Ambassadors that have previously served as Triangle Transit Ambassadors
For more information email us or call (919) 485-7551.