Trip Planner Help
Step 1: Entering Your Origin & Destination
There are several ways that you can enter your origin and destination in the trip planner!
- You can type the address or your origin/destination. Do this by entering the street number then the street name. Please Do NOT use a period after the abbreviation of the street name.
- 1416 Rushingbrook Dr
- 100 Main St, Carrboro
- 1431 NC 54
- 103 T W Alexander Dr
- You can also enter a nearby intersection as your origin or destination. Simply enter the street names without a period and put a “@” between the two street names.
- Millbrook Rd@Lead Mine Rd
- Columbia St@Franklin St
- T W Alexander Dr@NC 54
- The Trip Planner also has advanced options with access to additional features for entering your origin and destination, including:
- Selecting a landmark
- Selecting a bus stop
- Using a free text search
- Clicking on the map to indicate your origin/destination
Step 2: Selecting Your Arrival or Departure Date & Time
After you enter your origin and destination you must select the date and time that you would like to make your trip. Then select either:
- Depart Before: This means that you would like to begin your trip before or at the time you selected.
- Arrive By: This means that you would like to arrive at your final destination before or at the time you selected.
Tip: It is typically better to select “Depart Before” when finding a trip plan. The reason is that the trip planner will not display viable trip options that get you to your destination, even if it is only one minute after the time you specified.
If you would like even more information about using the trip planner and interpreting results please Click Here to visit the GoTriangle web site.